Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Checking In...Again!

Just another quick note to let visitors know I'm still alive and well.

I just couldn't find time to add anything to the blog since my last posting. This was mostly due to the Thanksgiving holiday and my birthday (the Big Five O) on the 26th. Just too many things going on to spend much time here!

There may not be another update with pictures until possibly this coming weekend. I'm patiently awaiting the arrival of a NEW digital camera and that should make some improvement on the quality of my pictures. I bought the old camera (Sony Mavica FD85 with a whopping 1.3 MP) almost exactly 6 years ago and it's really not up to the task anymore. The new one is a Canon Powershot S2 IS 5 MegaPixel Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom...ain't that a mouthful? This camera claims to have not only a macro setting, but also a super macro setting that will focus from ZERO centimeters to 10cm. The camera also has a bunch of other bells and whistles, but one of the features that really caught my attention is that it can take other lenses and filters like a regular film 35mm SLR. Also, there are more manual adjustments that can be made with it than were available on my old one, so that will give me even more flexiblitly and seem more like a "real" camera than merely a "point and shoot" device.

Oh, yes...this is an early Christmas present to myself (mostly) and to the household as well. The missus claims dibs on the old one, but I'm seriously not sure the old thing will last. (That's the camera, not the missus, just to be clear.)

Until next time...

Patrick
Comments:
Belated congratulations on reaching the half century Patrick.
 
Patrick,

We haven't seen up update to your blog in months . . . surely you have some more photos to show us. Please post some of them.


-- Jeff
 
Many happy returns!

I've just survived my 11th birthday (I renewed at 30).

So perhaps you should count it as your 20th?

Cheers
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?