Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Old Glory 10mm Resin Buildings Should Arrive Today

Greetings, all:

According to the tracking information sent to me by Old Glory, my European and ACW buildings should arrive sometime today. I thought about making my own buildings, but I just couldn't see how I could fit in building those with everything else I have going on at the moment. (Besides, the 40% Old Glory Army discount makes buying the buildings a bit easier to justify.)

I have to admit that I'm not terribly impressed with the pictures I've seen of the finished product. Some of the European buildings look like they have exaggerated stucco texture on the walls while other detail seems to be a bit soft. With luck, I can correct some of this with the prudent use of a Dremel tool and a little recarving. Even with a bit of reworking, it's bound to take less time than if I was scratchbuilding them (at least I hope it will!)

Also, the paint jobs on most of the buildings in these pictures I've seen online (except for some of the ACW stuff) aren't all that good with odd color choices and a rather gloppy-looking application of paint. I'm hoping that my ability to paint buildings will overcome some of the apparent deficiencies as I rather enjoy painting buildings and I've been told I'm fairly good at it.

If the UPS man is following his normal route, I may not have these buildings in my hot little hands until late this afternoon or early evening (it's not unusual for him to finally show up sometime between 6 and 7 PM although he has surprised me a few times and delivered packages by 2PM or so.)

In any case, I'll post some before and after pics of the buildings eventually.

Until next time...
Comments:
As I understand it, the delivery order depends mostly upon who loads the truck. Sure, they load the commercial deliveries last (first in, last out) so that they get a morning delivery; but the residential loading is more-or-less up to the person packing the truck.

Anyway, I hope that you like the buildings . . . and I'm sure that we would all like to see some "before" and "after" pictures, so please be sure to photograph them right away.


-- Jeff

http://saxe-bearstein.blogspot.com/
 
Patrick,

Surely the buildings have arrived by now (they were expected a week ago). Can you let us have a picture of them (even unpainted) so we'll know what they look like?


-- Jeff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?